Tuesday 21 May 2013

My Little Man Turns One!

Dear T,
Yesterday was your first birthday.  I remember waiting to meet you.  It seems both a long, long time ago and yet only yesterday.  We didn't know if you were going to be a boy or a girl, we didn't know when you would arrive, we didn't know what you would look like or who you were going to be.  I didn't even know for sure what labour or motherhood were all about.  I guess we have both learned a lot in the past year.



I remember talking to a friend about a week before you were born, saying "I know I can take care of a baby.  That part doesn't scare me.  But I don't know how I'm going to be someone's Mom."

Each and every day, I watch you learn something new and you teach me something new, too.  There is a whole world full of mystery and delight out there and I am going to enjoy showing it to you and having you show it to me.  Both Daddy and I love you so much.  You are bright and cheerful.  You are loving and happy.  You are the apple of my eye and I can't wait to watch you grow.  You already have so much personality and we are going to have so much fun together!



It turns out that I didn't need to know who you were before you came.  I know now and that is more than enough.

Love always,
Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment