Wednesday 13 July 2011

Sparkle Day

Right now, I am teaching summer school phys ed and CALM.  I am sitting with my students absolutely exhausted.  We did Zumba AND Mixed Martial Arts this morning and I am so tired.  I have recently started WeightWatchers (on Monday!) and it has been tough.  I don't have a lot to lose and I haven't really ever dieted before.  I have often said that I was on a diet but never actually followed through.  So this is different for me.

Here is how I am sparkling today!
Healthy Lunch- Extreme Pita
Exercise- Zumba and Martial Arts
Relationships- Bonding with my students

All in all, I am doing pretty well.  My goal for this first week on WeightWatchers is to write down everything I eat but not make any changes until I get a handle on journalling.  I have tried to journal before and never stuck with it for more than 24 hours.  I am going to try and blog about my journey every day.  We'll see how it goes.

While I'm here, I might as well be vulnerable.  I am scared that by facing my weight issues and dealing with them, I will have to face myself.  I have been rereading Geneen Roth's "Women, Food and God" and I need to deal with why I overeat or this will be a teeter-totter for the rest of my life.  I don't want to spend as much time and energy obsessing about myself as I currently do.  It's not good for my soul and I want to put my energy into making the world a better place.  Right now, I am not contributing as much as I would like to.

Well, that's it for now!  Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment